This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates and Medical Exemption forms

The Nurses or Doctors can issue university certificates to support claims for mitigating circumstances for assignment extension requests or exam provisions. 

Fit certificates are issued if you are unwell for more than 7 days. Please email us the details of why you require a sickness certificate with as much detail as possible so we may be able to complete this without you needing to come in. You may still need to speak or see a clinician in some instances.

If you are off work or university up to and including 7 days you will need to fill in a Health Centre self certificate form for university or a SC2 (self-certificate) form for your employer. For more information please see - when do I need a fit note? 

Please be aware that sickness certificates can take up to 3 working days, if a doctor's appointment is required it may take longer.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website