This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Sickness Certificates and Medical Exemption forms

The Nurses or Doctors can issue university certificates to support claims for mitigating circumstances for missed coursework submission deadline or missed exams (before asking for your certificate please see if you are eligible to apply for one). If the certificate relates to an ongoing problem about which you have already seen a Doctor please book an appointment with a Doctor.

Fit certificates are issued if you are unwell for more than 7 days, please email us the details of why you require a sickness certificate, pleae be aware you may need to speak or see a clinician.

If you are off work or university up to and including 7 days you will need to fill in a Health Centre self certificate form for university or a SC2 (self-certificate) form for your employer also available from Reception. For more information please see - when do I need a fit note? - If you think you may have an infectious condition please call first to speak to the On-Call GP between 09:00 and 11:00 before coming to the Health Centre. 

Please be aware that sickness certificates can take up to 3 working days, if a doctor's appointment is required it may take longer.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website